2020 Winter in Yellowstone Photography Workshop
Four bison are coming head on toward the photographer in Yellowstone National Park.
Photograph Yellowstone in the Magic of Winter
Date: February 1-8, 2020
Cost: $4,650 based on Double Occupancy
Number of Participants: 8
This is your opportunity to capture images of the magnificent landscapes and incredible wildlife that can only be experienced in Yellowstone during the winter. Small groups of a maximum of four people per experienced instructor ensure that you receive personal attention suited to your skill level. The workshop will be led by nature and wildlife photographers, Buddy Eleazer of Magnum Excursions and Patricia Worley and Larry Lyons of Twilight Blue Photographic Workshops.
This high-end workshop at extremely reasonable rates provides you with full transportation services in warm SUVs and private snow coaches to and from the airport in Bozeman and throughout your entire trip. Hotel accommodations in Gardiner, Montana at the north entrance of Yellowstone and at the Snow Lodge, home of Old Faithful is also included. You will receive personal instruction and guidance throughout the park from sunup to sundown! Pat and Larry are part of an elite few who are certified guides for Yellowstone National Park.
7 – Day Itinerary
- Day 1 – Everyone makes their own arrangements to fly into Bozeman, Montana by 2 PM. We will leave in two SUVs for the hotel stopping along the way as we travel to Gardiner, Montana at northern entrance of Yellowstone. Will check into the hotel in Gardiner, have lunch and then proceed to travel into the park for the afternoon.
- Days 2, 3 and 4- Plan to rise early for sunrise and to cruise the ever-changing Lamar Valley and Mammoth Springs for wildlife and fantastical landscapes each day. We will travel inside and outside of the park looking for coyotes, bison, elk, fox, bald eagles, moose and the ever-elusive wolf. The lighting and the wildlife are never the same two days in a row. Each day will be a new adventure full of excitement, photographic instruction and once in a lifetime experience. We will break for meals and experience the eerie sensation of Mammoth Springs at night.
- Day 5 – Leave from Mammoth Springs to the Old Faithful Snow Lodge in a private snow coach dedicated to our small group. We will spend the day stopping for wildlife and the beautiful landscapes of Hayden Valley and Yellowstone Canyon. We will finish our day exploring the Old Faithful area and capturing the unique experience of the stars and steam at night. We will spend the night in the comfortable western cabins and have dinner in the restaurant in the main lodge.
- Day 6 – We will get up early for another full day in a private snow coach traveling in areas no motor vehicles are allowed to travel. We will stop along the way to photograph beavers, otters, bison, fox and any other wildlife that comes our way. We will end back in Mammoth Springs and Gardiner for our last night in Yellowstone.
- Day 7– We will get up early for our last full day in Lamar Valley hoping to spot a pouncing fox or bull moose close to the road to add to our photography experience. After we check out of the hotel, we will head back to Bozeman stopping for dinner along the way. Once everyone is checked into the hotel and airport shuttle arrangements are made, Pat and Larry will say farewell and let everyone get a well-deserved, good night’s sleep.
- Day 8 – Participants are welcome to have a leisurely breakfast and then head out to the airport in a free hotel shuttle for their flight home.
- Transportation to & from Gardiner, Montana, and the Bozeman Airports
- Transportation throughout the entire trip
- All hotel accommodations
- Guide & Photography Instruction
Airfare, meals, and National Park pass are not included.
Single supplement: $1,000
Deposit & Installments:
A $750 deposit is required to hold your place on the trip.
After making a deposit,
two installment payments are required before the dates provided
prior to taking part in the workshop:
- Installment 1: $2,000 due on September 1, 2019
- Installment 2: Balance due by November 15, 2019
How To Register:
Contact Buddy at this link
How To Pay:
If paying by check, please make it payable to:
Magnum Excursions, LLC
4344 Farmington Circle
Allentown, PA 18104