Meet Buddy Eleazer
Contact Information: Buddy@MagnumExcursions.com
Buddy Eleazer is a visionary photographer who has been capturing stunning images for over two decades. Born and raised in a small town, Buddy developed a love for photography at an early age and honed his skills by taking pictures of the stunning natural scenery that surrounded him. With a keen eye for detail and an unwavering commitment to capturing the essence of his subjects, Buddy quickly became known for his stunning and thought-provoking images.
Buddy Eleazer’s journey from landscape to wildlife photography was a natural progression driven by his love of nature and his desire to capture its beauty in new and meaningful ways. As a landscape photographer, Buddy was renowned for his stunning images of waterfalls, forests, and oceans. However, over time, he felt that he wanted to delve deeper into the world of nature and capture its most elusive and magnificent creatures. Buddy began to focus his attention on wildlife photography, traveling to some of the most remote and wild places on earth to capture images of animals in their natural habitats.
Buddy quickly discovered that wildlife photography presented a unique set of challenges and opportunities, requiring a different set of skills and a deeper understanding of animal behavior. Continues to spend a great deal of time observing and studying the behavior of the animals. This insight has led to his unique approach to wildlife photography thereby creating a portfolio of truly one-of-a-kind images. Many of his shots push the boundaries of traditional photography by experimenting with different techniques and styles to create truly distinctive images. His images are not just photographs; they are visual stories that bring the viewer into the heart of Africa’s wilderness.
In addition to his successful career as a wildlife photographer, Buddy Eleazer is also a highly respected teacher of wildlife photography. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience that he loves to share with others, helping them to develop their skills and unleash their creativity.
Teaching On Safari
Buddy’s teaching style is hands-on, with a focus on practical learning. He takes students on field trips to some of the most stunning wildlife locations in Africa, where they can learn by doing, practicing their photography skills and learning from Buddy’s expertise. In the field, Buddy covers a range of topics, including the basics of wildlife photography, such as camera settings and how to work the sighting to capture a diversity of compositions, as well as more advanced techniques such as shooting pan shots or capturing rim lighting. He also emphasizes the importance of ethics and responsible wildlife photography, encouraging his students to approach their subjects with respect and care.
Buddy’s passion for wildlife photography is contagious, and his students are inspired by his love for the natural world and his commitment to capturing its beauty. Through his teaching, Buddy hopes to help others develop their skills and create images that are both beautiful and meaningful, just like his own
Today, Buddy is known for his stunning wildlife photography, and his journey from landscape to wildlife has been a testament to his passion, creativity, and dedication to his craft. Through his images and safari tours, he continues to inspire and educate others about the wonders of the natural world and the importance of preserving its beauty for future generations.
View More of Buddy’s photos at 500px website
Buddy is recognized as an international awarding winning photographer. His images have been finalist in many competitions including:
- First Place Winner – 2018 Wildlife Category in Russia’s “35 Awards – 100 Top Images of 2018”
- First Place Winner – 2018 Denver Audubon ‘Your Best Shot’
- First Place Winner – “Traveling to the Edge”, 2018 Society of International Nature and Wildlife Photographers
- First Place Winner – AdoramaPix “2018 Your Best Shot” – Photo of the Year
- Finalist and High Honors, Terrestrial Wildlife – 2018 California Academy of Science “Big Picture: Natural World Photography Competition”
- Top 10 finish in NatGeo “Best of 2018”
- People’s Choice First Prize – 2019 Wilderness Safaris Photography Competition
- High Honors – “Zebra Walk”, 2018 Society of International Nature and Wildlife Photographers
- Honorable Mention in National Wildlife magazine’s 2019 Photography Awards
- Honorable Mention in 2019 International Photographers Awards – Nature/Wildlife Category
- Honorable Mention for two images in 2019 International Photography Awards – Nature/Aerial Category
- Nature Category Finalist in the Italy’s “2019 Sienna International Photo Awards”
- Award of Merit in ‘2019 Odyssey’ at Pennsylvania Center for Photography
- 2019 Finalist – Wildlife Photographer of the Year, Natural History Museum (UK), three images
- 2020 Finalist – Wildlife Photographer of the Year, Natural History Museum (UK)
- 2020 Photo of the Day, June 5, 2020 – Smithsonian Magazine
- 2020 Finalist – The Great Maasai Mara Photographer of the Year
- 2021 Honorable Mention – National Wildlife Federation Photo Contest – ‘The Lookout’
- 2022 ‘Share The View Competition International Nature Photo Competition’ – Top 250 for “Shade”
- 2022 ‘Share The View Competition International Nature Photo Competition’ – Top 250 for “Blue-Cheek Bee-Eaters”
- 2022 ‘Share The View Competition International Nature Photo Competition’ – 4 Additional images named ‘Semi-Finalist’
as well as having images featured by UK Daily Mail, UK Mirror, MSN News, Popular Photography and National. Geographic.
Links to some of Buddy’s Images